This sweet and delicious bread is a great autumn treat!
Orange Cranberry Bread (Serves 4)
• 2 cups white wheat or whole wheat flour
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup oil
• 1 tablespoon flax seed powder mixed with 3 tablespoons water
• 1 orange, zested and juiced
• 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preparation: Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the cranberries, sugar and walnuts. Stir together. In a separate bowl combine the flaxseed mixture, oil, juice, and zest. Slowly add the liquids to the solids and stir to combine being careful not to over mix.
Pour the batter in a greased loaf pan for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Alexandra Caspero MA, RD
Find this recipe, and many more: